Our fight isn’t over.
In preparation for the KS legislative session IKC co-sponsored two rallies with Alliance for a Healthy KS to share the next steps we’re taking to expand KanCare. We were fortunate to host several rousing speakers: Sheldon Weisgrau, Pastor Rick Behrens, Stephene Moore, Randy Calistrom, Anne Rauth, Matt Kleinmann, Dr. Valerie French, Patrick Sallee, Cielo Fernandez, Jerry Jones, and David Jordan.
Current legislative landscape:
- 75% of Kansans support KanCare Expansion
- 66% of Republican voters statewide support KanCare expansion
- Majority of Republican voters in every congressional district support expanding KanCare.
- A GOP pollster found that the level of awareness and engagement on this issue was the highest he's seen in the country indicating that it would be harmful to legislators if they choose to not support it.
- The Alliance is hoping Colyer will expand Medicaid and use that vote as a way to distinguish himself from Brownback.
Our Event Archive
Resist Trump Tuesday
All images/video are the property of Indivisible KC unless otherwise credited. Please contact us for permission to use.